Thinking of buying a used car, it can be a good asset, but if not bought with preparation it can be a headache. You can get easily deceived by the dealer or salesperson with their marketing skills. Then you might think why buy used? New cars lose their value once they are on road, so paying a huge amount of cash or Finance with high-interest rates is a depreciation when thinking in terms of investment.
Planning to buy a used car is definitely a win-win situation unless you follow certain tips and rules. The choice to buy a used car is only the first steps, there is a lot of journeys to go from the decision to actually taking ownership and driving a used car.
Where can you find used cars:
There are many ways to find used cars. Dealers, private cars so on. One of my best ways is searching “used cars in Fresno” on a daily basis. If you are looking for a specific dealer, you can have their business website listed. Alternate ways are through auctions, some put for sale on their car back. There are many private sellers as well. They are generally cheaper and can negotiate and make a great deal!
Do’s and Don’ts before buying a used car without getting tricked:
- Do Research: Check out for the car brands which you dream to buy, their ratings as a used car, their rate in the market, customer reviews, issues as a used car.
- Do Dig deep into the past: History of the car is one of the most vital points that u need to dig deep. CARFAX vehicle reports need to be checked. Also, look for past accidents if any. Check for the chassis number verification.
- Don’t fall for words: Don’t go with words of private seller or salesman in regards to history Do your own checking, don’t end up buying a car prone to many accidents or car might be stolen!
- Do Budget analysis: How much can you pay for your car, If it is full cash then do the negotiation. Paying cash is the best option than going to finance.
- Don’t pay for huge finance interest: If going for finance, check out the best and lower interest rates, don’t go for Dealer made finance only interest rates might be higher.
You might have got the hang of how to go about buying a used car. These tips would definitely help you from been tricked by the dealer or salesperson or private seller.